Sunday, October 8, 2017

Merry Monday Christmas Trees

I am really focusing these next two months on my stash of unused Christmas stamps.  This week the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge inspired me to focus on Christmas trees.  This card is a bit of a cheat in that the stamps are brand new - I skipped right over some of trees that have been sitting unused for years - but I love layered stamps!

Merry Monday Christmas Tree

This card also took a number of left turns!  This was supposed to be a nature card - in other words, no pink!  But without the pink, it looked too "cold" which is an odd thing to say given I've built it around snowflakes!!  I used a bit of pink and light blue to soften it.

I layered up a base of natural green, then I used an embossing powder that is clear with a bit of sparkle.  And then the third layer is a white powder with silver flecks.  I struggled with the lighting to capture all of this, but you can get a hint of these layers toward the top of the tree.



Thanks to Merry Monday for the inspiration!

SUPPLY LIST



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful soft card Kim! The tree is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday Christmas Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this elegant card! Especially like the PINK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink you added and the little blue ornaments too!! This is lovely Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew this card was a winner, Kim! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally delightful Kim, just love this beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning...absolutely breath-taken-away stunning!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful card. I love the touches of pink and blue. TFS!
    and congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the softness off this one. Beautiful! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!