Sunday, May 22, 2016

Stampin' Up In Colors 2016 and Copic Matches

I got hold of samples of the Stampin' Up 2016-2016 In Colors - and I found Copic matches!!

Copic SU In Color 2016

The two Stampin' Up charts on my sidebar have been updated.  Just click and print or download.  The first chart is a complete set - current colors, current In Colors and all retired colors.  (The only difference from last year is that I added the new In Colors and moved the retired In Colors over to the retired list.)  If you are coloring these in each time you print them, you may not want to do the complete set because there are a lot of colors, so I also have the In Color Only chart which is the five most recent releases.  You can keep your old complete set and just add the new In Colors.

Remember - Copic markers vary by paper. I use Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80-pound.  Be sure to print your charts onto the paper that you will be using for cards to get the most accurate representation.  Also the depth of color of a Copic depends on how often you color over the same space. You can see in the picture above the R56 seems really dark next to the cardstock samples. It's actually quite a nice match to Sweet Sugarplum if you just do one coat.

I also have charts for other companies. 
  • Taylored Expressions, Papertrey Ink and Simon Says Stamp will always be up-to-date as soon as I get the new cardstock (typically I order the day of the release).
  • I match to cardstock. This is very relevant to Simon Says because lately they have released inks without coordinating cardstock so those colors are not in the chart.
  • I made the decision to not stress over keeping My Favorite Things up-to-date. They released a lot of colors last year - many I just didn't need in my collection at that time.  The chart shows that it's complete through September 2015 - but I do add colors as I decide to buy them - in fact, I just made an update this month.  So if you are trying to match MFT colors, check back. It is becoming more up-to-date, it's just happening slowly.

12 comments:

  1. Kim I hope you know that it is so appreciated that you take the time to keep all of these charts so up to date. I understand the time that it takes to do this and I have referred to your chart many times--thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your list. No one else does this and it is so helpful to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for doing this Kim!! I know it can be tedious to keep all those charts up to date but it is so generous of you to do so!! You are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim, it's greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kim, for keeping us updated. We appreciate your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic tool!! Thank you so very much for making this available!! You are a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg this is fantastic. I love my copics. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So generous ... thanks for taking the time! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A friend of mine has been having classes on how to use Copic Markers and she suggested your site. Thank you and for finding matches for Stampin'up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A friend of mine has been having classes on how to use Copic Markers and she suggested your site. Thank you and for finding matches for Stampin'up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, you are a richly deserved blessing to our community! Thank you for your genoriousity with your time! Many blessings and prayers to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!