Thursday, April 14, 2016

Paper Players: Birthday Flowers

I LOVE the bold colors at The Paper Players along with the Soft Sky!


I needed a cheerful birthday card for a friend so I jumped right on these colors. I pulled out some of the "happiest" stamps and dies I know - Reverse Confetti has such fun products - and here's what I came up with.

PP Birthday Colors

I had the "happy" panel on my desk for a card I'll post a bit later.When I purchased that panel, I also got the die set with the flowers - so it seemed natural to put it all together.  I plopped a scrap of gray in the background because I love the way gray sets off colors.

SUPPLY LIST

The gray is from My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio Basic Paper Pad. The Soft Sky butterfly is a scrap of some of the earlier patterns from Stampin' Up.



7 comments:

  1. Perfect 'happy' birthday card! Love every single thing about this, and I'm thinking I'm going to have to do a little more shopping today...that RC Pretty Panels die is calling my name...can you hear it?! Lol. I love how you've used the color palette and that touch of gray is just the right color to help those flowers shine. Wonderful card!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfectly delightful birthday card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - I love your CAS card and the panel of vertical panel of grey to offset the challenge colours. Great sentiment treatment too! Thanks so much for joining my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way the white background really makes these colors pop. Great balance of colors and I love the soft sky in the negative space of the die! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! So good to see our colors inspired you to make this beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Kim! That birthday diecut gives such a fun effect to that sweet tag, and your florals are beautiful! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing better than a really happy Happy Birthday card, Kims! Congratulations on the Cut Above win at the Paper Players!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!