Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Hugs

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy.


I went right to my never-used box of dies to see what rounded shape that I could put in the background and was thrilled to see these rounded roses.  Right next to them in the box was the "hugs" die!!  LOVE it when things come together quickly and easily!

FMS Hugs

I did have to cheat just a little bit because I couldn't use a wide strip (the darkest piece in the sketch) because the flower would be covered, so I just used a piece of twine.

I hope to see you playing along!

SUPPLY LIST


10 comments:

  1. This is a sweet card, Kim! I love that rose die and all of that clean white space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that flower! And the bold sentiment is perfect! Wish my cards would come together so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect. And I love the way it came together! I've got some NBUS just waiting their turns to come out and play too! LOVE that rose, that 'hugs' die, and that designer paper you've used here. Wonderful card! Have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Kim and I love the twine substitution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two dies look like they were made to work together! How cool that they were together in the box. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! There's no such thing as cheating in stamping. Everything is fair game and in my book twine covers a multitude of things! This is a great CAS design. I especially love how the black and white honeycomb background looks with your floral design and all that white space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this, Kim!
    Fab design! So happy for you and the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Kim! I love that background paper! I never think to use it like you did! That flower is so pretty! Oh and I love the sentiment and the sequins!!! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally meant to be with the two dies! Absolutely perfect for the sketch. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stunning! I love your pretty take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!