Saturday, February 6, 2016

Merry Monday: Santa

After entering this past Christmas completely unprepared and feeling more stress than fun in my cardmaking blitz, I was so tired of Christmas stampss and colors that I took January off.  But...after entering this Christmas completely unprepared....I'm not doing that this year!!  So the current Merry Monday challenge started on February 1st and it's time for me to start this year's card.  I'm glad I took the month off, because I truly enjoyed thinking Christmas this morning.


The challenge is "Santa", and I also took inspiration from the graphic with its rustic look.

MM Santa

(I should have retaken this photo with the top of the card adhered a bit better but as soon as I sat at the computer desk to transfer photos and write this post - my cat cuddled on my lap and I'm not disturbing her.  Cat lovers can relate!)

This is an older set from Papertrey Ink that I have used and loved for years - it's called "Believe". It includes this classic Santa, plus a big tree, plus quite a variety of little images that Santa could be holding. It's fun to work with. I love die cut sentiments, so I went with Papertrey's Wet Paint series.

And that's it for cardmaking for the next few days. I'm getting ready for the Super Bowl - go Broncos!!! I've been a Denver Broncos fan for my entire life. My big theater TV has already been hauled upstairs so that we can have more party guests. Snacks are planned. Beer is chilling. This will be a fun Super Bowl to watch because I actually have no expectations that the Broncos will win.  (Terrible fan...I know.) They were there two years ago and Denver fans were absolutely crushed on the first play when we watched the snap sail right by Peyton Manning. You could see him watching it go by him and could almost read panic and defeat on his face.  So...for sanity sake...I'm going into this one with very low expectations and hoping to be surprised!

SUPPLY LIST


10 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite Santa's too! I am glad you used him to remind me that I have him!! wonderful card and I love that you used the wet paint "merry"...thank you for playing along at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute rustic santa Kim - and Go Broncos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Kim, that Santa is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plaid with your Father Christmas/Santa, cute card! Good luck to your Broncos! They've beat our Cleveland Browns more than we care to remember LOL..poor browns, they are so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I hope your Broncos win today! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I know you'll enjoy the company, win or lose. I'll admit I won't be watching...Downton Abby is on.... Anyway, glad you've got a good start to your 2016 Christmas card stash going. This is a darling Santa, and I love the snippet of plaid you've got working down the side. But Mr. Claus is definitely center stage here. Sweet card!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolute perfection! Great card! Go Broncos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love that you also took inspiration from the photo! Go Broncos! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful Christmas card, Kim! Love the plaid and paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty Christmas card Kim! Love that beautiful Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I, too, went into the Christmas season woefully unprepared, especially when it came to adding Advent Calendars to the mix. Have I learned my lesson? Nope...nary a Christmas card in my collection...yet! For a change, though, I've left my Christmas products out, so they are staring at me every day. Perhaps I should stop averting my eyes and commit to at least two cards a month. At least I'm in the thinking about it stage...sort of! Love your rustic Santa! Did you hear my husband and I, all the way from Alberta, cheering your Broncos? I know your party was fabulous, regardless of the game's outcome, but this win must have seen a whole of 'letting loose', letting loose!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!