Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Share Joy with...JOY!!!

The current Share Joy Challenge includes a sketch and a tic tac toe!


This was one of those cards that just kept changing.  I started all white, with snowflakes and a few swooshes of watercolor and ended up with this snowy church scene in blues and krafts!

Christmas Joy


The turning point on my card was remember the frame with "Joy" and envisioning a joyful scene behind it. I love the Night Before Christmas border and I've used it on other cards, both in full and cropped down just to see the church. I quickly decided that the watercolor swooshes such as on the sketch were just too much for my little church.  I did add a small forest of trees in a nod to the sketch.  That's why I like sketch challenges so much. Without the inspiration of the sketch, I probably would have stopped at the framed church, but I really like the dimension the forest gives it.

I also used the tic tac toe - glitter, no patterned paper and twine!

I did "share joy" with this card but you have to be a little careful around Christmas to give away surprises - so you'll just have to trust me that this one has been mailed off!

SUPPLY LIST

I used some heat 'n stick powder and some Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter to "frost" the scene.



5 comments:

  1. Well I don't know how it began, but I love the way it ended!! Pretty card Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this combination and the stars on the trees - perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Kim! Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the colours, to the embossed background, to the frame, to the trees, and, especially, to the church and village, your card is a beautiful expression of joy and peace. Gorgeous! Wishing you and your family a most Merry Christmas, filled with joy, peace and love. Enjoy every. single. moment, my friend!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!