Friday, August 21, 2015

Taylored Expressions: Inspired by Pinterest

This is my second post today.

Taylored Expressions maintains a fabulous array of Pinterest Boards sorted by product and some by theme.  It's a fabulous source of inspiration for every cardmaking need!  Today I was inspired by a card in the Fan Favorites gallery - this card by Rosemary Dennis.


I love the layout - the simple patterned strip, the curled edges of the banner, the dimension in each layer.  I also love the colors and the stamps and the theme, but I thought I should change up something!!  I did a bright birthday card.

Taylored Expressions Bday Balloons

I popped a few layers just like Rosemary did.

TE Bday Balloons CloseUp

The balloons with their curly strings came from the Up, Up & Away Cutting Plate.  I used a small piece of cardstock under the balloons then I cut out the bottom two balloons.  You don't even have to be neat and tidy when you are cutting because then you cut balloons out of patterned paper (using the two extra balloons) and adhere on top of your cut out balloons.


Thanks to Rosemary for today's inspiration!  

SUPPLY LIST


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your CASE of the Pinterest card. So adorable. I like that you created your balloons out of patterned paper and then popped them off of that adorable cloud paper you created. I also like the little curled edge of the banner. Great design. Such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Kim! Love the swirly border and happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and happy, Kim! Made me smile to see your lovely handwork again! Sorry for my absence ... I hope to make amends! :) Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful happy card, Kim. The balloons are charming and the highlight: strings that can be die cut! Score! The curliques add such an extra sweet touch!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!