Friday, October 10, 2014

Merry and Retro: Joy

The Neon challenge at Merry Monday caught my eye.  I definitely do not tend to bright colors, but neon paper on kraft can be a great look!  Then the mailman brought my new WPlus9 this week.  Even though I needed more snowflake dies like a hole in the head, I got them - but in my defense they matched the snowflake background stamps which I had to have (but I've only used the dies on this card).  Finally I was thrilled to see that retrosketches announced a totally up-to-date archive.  I love archives - I keep them as a direct icon on my iPad so with one touch, I can see all of the challenges in one place.  I picked sketch #47 for my snowflakes.

Joy in Neon


  • Stamps: none
  • Paper: Astrobrights Glow Cardstock, Papertrey Kraft and Vellum
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Snowflake Trio die, Hand Lettered Holiday die, Stampin' Up Heat 'n Stick Powder, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal glitter, Pretty Pink Posh 6mm Sparkling Clear Sequins

24 comments:

  1. Oooh! Love neon colors on kraft too! Awesome card, Kim!!! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours and design and just fantastic Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is simply awesome! Those snowflakes pop in the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card! Gorgeous...I like non traditional colors and it have enough 'sparkle' to shine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love that color blue and the strip of vellum with the bright snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! Love the kraft with the bright colours!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, Kim! The kraft tones down the neon, but not too much; it really pops well. Love this design. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job combining both challenges! These colors are so bright and cheerful for Christmas. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bright and "joy" filled card, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those gorgeous colors against the kraft cs. Simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Kim. Love the bright neon colors with the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sparkly Neon Gorgeousness - I love this, Kim! Thanks for playing with us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and eye-catching! I love that you paired the bright colors with Kraft cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that sketch & LOVE your card, Kim! Fabulous work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love! I have this sketch "saved" because I like it so much. Great use of the sketch and the neon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THis is stunning....who would have known that neon & kraft would look so good?! Love it! So happy you could play with us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm new to using neon colors and never would have thought to use them with kraft card stock - it looks stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your HM at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just waiting for my husband to get ready before we head off from a weekend of family visiting, and what better place to keep my spirits up (at least until we're in the car), than a visit at your site. Your gorgeous neon Christmas card is working magic at making me smile. Brilliant combination, beautiful images AND yes, no limits on the number of snowflake dies needed (rather like butterflies!).
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is AWESOME, Kim! Love the fun, bright colors and the touches of sparkle!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!