Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Color Throwdown: Papel Picado Celebration

I am thrilled to be this week's guest designer at the color throwdown.  It was a funny path that led to this card.  I was picked as a guest on Tuesday, the 27th on this post.  Right away, they sent the brightly colored colors for this week.  Aren't they cheerful?


Then on Wednesday, I went to a Mexican restaurant that I hadn't been to before and walked in to see this.  I loved the look (but it also could have been the fact that they pour very, very strong margaritas!)

image

My mind worked over time all lunch because it certainly seemed like these things were combining to be the perfect excuse to order a set of stamps and dies that I really wanted, but just hadn't managed to justify yet.  (Clearly it doesn't take much for me to justify a stamp purchase!)  I went home on Wednesday and placed the order.  Amazingly, it showed up on Saturday (thank you WPlus9!)  And here's my festive card using the Papel Picado set and dies - and a sentiment from Strictly Sentiments 5.

Papel Picado Happy Birthday

Thank you to the good people at the color throwdown for letting me play along!

I hope everybody is inspired by these bright and cheerful colors.  Join the fun at the color throwdown!
  • Stamps: WPlus9 Papel Picado and Strictly Sentiments 5
  • Paper: Black and white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Papel Picado dies, Doodlebug black enamel dots

21 comments:

  1. Bright and cheerful indeed!
    Love your new stamps and dies, we crafters don't need a good reason to collect stuff, ha, ha.
    Wow,the banners look like they were made of lace. :-)
    Seeing your great card is all the justicification you need, and hey, it's good for the worldeconomy to spend money, :-)
    Ha, ha, love the angle of your pic too, something to do with the very, very strong margarita's? ( Never ever had those before.....)
    Looks like you spend lunch in a very good way, ha, ha.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and I think the spend on new stamps was justified in the beautiful card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such impact, fab design, and ILove your lunchtime inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love how u captured the inspiration :) beautiful card !

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun and totally cool! love the banners you created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm loving how you used that new set and your inspiration story is too cool! I'm always thrilled to see your cards in the throwdown gallery and was excited to see you as the star stamper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, Kim! Love those awesome banners AND that you were inspired by the Mexican restaurant decor...so FUN! Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how everything came together for you. I'd be afraid the stamps would never arrive in time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well now that's a snappy restaurant photo!! What great inspiration and beautifully transformed onto your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strong margaritas are OK in my book... bring it on! Fabulous card, Kim... LOVE having you join us this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, when the stars align, you need to follow the path! Your card is gorgeous!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card Kim. Love the colorful banners... those are really nice images... not surprised you just HAD to have them. :) Congrats on being our guest stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful!! I've totally done that....wanted a set to make a certain card :) Love those banners!! There's a challenge at Moxie Fab World that this card would be perfect for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sooo pretty and fun, Kim....I just love the banners and how you layered them...such a fabulous design!!! I'm so glad you are our Guest Star Stamper this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How Creative! I really like how you did this card. I see I'm not the only one who is constantly looking at new places, etc...to see how they can inspire me in making a card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cheery design, Kim! Love the colours! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those fun banners--what a great way to bring in the colors! It's so good to have you joining us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, those Papel Picado stamps are just perfect with these colors! Love the fun banners strung across your card. Thanks for joining us as our guest star stamper at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!