Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fabulous Flamingo and Double Scallops

I fell in love the Fabulous Flamingo set that Reverse Confetti released last week.    I think they are absolutely charming.  They have wonderful, graceful curves, yet still manage to keep that bold look that Reverse Confetti is so good at.  (Laurie actually turned them into swans. Such a simple change, but so creative!)

Happy Bird-Day

I also picked up the Double Edge Scallop Border because I remembered something that Sarah did by simply using double-sided paper and folding the border over.  I would have assumed that the die was just a convenient way to have two different scallop sizes and I would only have used half of the die-cut as a scallop border.  I so admire other people's creativity, but it always costs me money  Laurie put me over the top with her flamingo/swans and Sarah put the scallop border on my list even though I already have a full collection of other scallop border dies!)

  • Stamps: Reverse Confetti Fabulous Flamingo
  • Ink: Hero Arts Fresh Peach, Charcoal
  • Paper: Carta Bella Hello Again
  • Accessories: Reverse Confetti Fabulous Flamingo dies, Double Edge Scallop border die and Perfectly Paisley dies, Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangle die, Pretty Pink Posh 4 mm sparkling clear sequins

10 comments:

  1. Kim I love your flamingo, mine just came yesterday! Your chose such a lovely colour palette and that double sided fold over scallop is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWzers Kim what a pretty design!! I like the patterned water splashes and the fancy fold over border!! Well worth the money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy with the online community to receive such positive and creative input! It's such a great way to inspire eachother.
    Love your card with scalloped borders. Simple but very effective, love the effect!
    Great bird too. :-)
    And I love the stitched cardframe too, gives it an elegant and 'finished' look!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. we creative people are soooo good in overcoming the economic crisis, ha, ha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flamingo and the water drops that match the scallop waves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I read your post, I put in an order over at RC and got that scallop die! Now I'm even more happy that I did!!! Thanks for this! Gorgeous card. Very cool to use the paisley die for water splashes. Really great card, Kim. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an eye-catching card with pretty flamingo and scallop border. Happy sighhh....
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! The flamingo with the water drops and added sequins! It's just perfect!


    www.libellulecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Love the two sizes of the scallops :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh darn, but I WANT that flamingo! :) This is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!