Saturday, April 26, 2014

MFT Color and Sketch: You Saved the Day!!

I have so blessed to have many wonderful women in my life who routinely save the day!  It may be a frantic call from me asking a favor.  It may be lending a listening ear no matter how long I feel like dumping. It may be coming through as a church volunteer time and time again.  I don't know where this card is headed - but it will find a home with one of these super women!

You Saved the Day

I also wanted to get a card together using My Favorite Things colors to announce my new MFT Copic Color Match chart.  



You can click on the chart, or it will always be on my sidebar.  These are the Copics (and a few Prismacolors) that I use when I am matching MFT cardstock.  You are free to use it - just know that this is based on the paper that I use, my Copics (which are getting older), and my personal preferences!  I also have Stampin' Up, Papertrey Ink, and Simon Says Stamp charts on my sidebar.

Something else new on my sidebar is my Color Coordinates chart.  This is something I have personally used for quite some time and finally thought that I would share it.  Right now, my cardstock/ink collection includes Stampin' Up, Papertrey Ink, My Favorite Things and Simon Says Stamp.  (There are lots of other gorgeous collections out there, but I have managed to convince myself that I don't need it all.)  This chart shows which cardstocks from each collection match each other- either perfectly or pretty darn close.  I use it because each company has slightly different products.  One example is that My Favorite Things carries matching buttons and ribbon, while Simon Says Stamp doesn't.  Some of their cardstocks are exact matches - so you can splurge on Simon Says Stamp cardstock and ink -  but supplement with some My Favorite Things button!!!  This whole thing is probably way too obsessive for most of you, but I'll bet that someone out there understands my compulsions!

I am playing along with two My Favorite Things challenges with this card.  The Color Palette Challenge...


and the Sketch Challenge (on its side).


  • Stamps: My Favorite Things You're Super
  • Paper: My Favorite Things Blu Raspberry, Gumdrop Green, Razzle Berry, Natural
  • Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Versamark, My Favorite Things Natural
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things You're Super dies and Fishtail Layers dies, Heat 'n Stick Powder and Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter (on mask and star), Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins



7 comments:

  1. Love your card and that stamp set, isn't it cute, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand and it's not compulsive, ha, ha, you just like things to match and be organised about it. That's a good thing!
    When I bought my first PTI stuff last year I just had to have the felt, buttons, paper, inks ribbons etc. too! That's why it works so well on projects and cards! My poor husband asked me if I wanted to start a shop for my own, ha, ha, my stash is uncountable much. Sorry for my Dunglish. :-)
    I'm so happy with your charts And I just KNOW they will prove their worth over time, ha, ha.
    So THANKS so much for taking time you put in making these charts.
    Have a wonderful weekend, we're celebrating Kings day today! ( you should 'google' it)
    Love your card btw! And so will the recipient of your great card!!! It's always thoughtful to thank someone for their time, listening ear, just for being there when you need someone, or someone who's willing to lend a helping hand!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!!! She's so FUN Kim and I love her fancy sparkly specs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already had my eye on this set and after seeing your awesome card I'm thinking I definitely 'need' it lol! I especially love the silhouette city in the background and how the the word super pops off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this set, cannot WAIT to get my hands on it! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!