Friday, January 31, 2014

Fresh Squeezed Stamps: A Shopping Celebration

It's my day to post over at the Fresh Squeezed Stamps blog.  I was pondering what to do for this post about the same time as I was pondering a birthday card to go with an Amazon gift card.  I remembered the shopping cart stamp in Fresh Squeezed's Breath of Fresh Flair set.  I love coordinating my greeting cards with gift cards - and this was a perfect match!

Shopping Celebration

I know this is a slightly different photo angle for me.  I discovered that it is very hard to get a picture without strange reflections on the gift card!!

I cut the gift card pocket and then added an edging with Background Check.  This simple diagonal striped border is one of my basic go-to stamps.  It's also very nice down the side of a card with a bit of twine - like I did on my very first post for Fresh Squeezed Stamps.  I love that I can create a fresh and open border in any ink color that I like.  The sentiment comes from You Said It, Sister.

Next week is a fun week over at Fresh Squeezed Stamps - a spring cleaning event!  Be sure to watch their blog for details and I'll be back on Tuesday with a little peek!
  • Stamps: Fresh Squeezed Stamps Breath of Fresh Flair, Background Check, You Said It Sister
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise, Soft STone dsp
  • Ink: Black and Versamark
  • Accessories: Paper Smooches gift card bag (although I manipulated it quite bit because, as cut, it is twice as thick), Papertrey Ink banner die, Hemptique 10-lb gold twine, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Avery Elle Lemonade sequins

8 comments:

  1. I saw this over at Fresh Squeezed and had to come leave you a happy comment! :)
    LOVE this card and that little pocket for a gift card?! Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Kim, cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grocery card + gift card tucked in sweetest pocket ever = awesome (said in a sing song Oprah voice!). LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, Kim. The shopping cart is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gift card and card coordination - yes, you've created *the* perfect pairing here! Fabulous design, colours, layout, images...LOVE it all!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!