Monday, January 7, 2013

Nuts and Bolts for You!!

One of the new sets at The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS) includes this darling robot!

Nuts and Bolts

Who would have thought that a robot could be this cute??

I had every intention to color him in.  I always stamp my images a few times on scrap paper so I can experiment with colors.  I had him colored in the tan with red/tan striped legs...darling!  But as I looked at the card, I really liked the old fashioned newspaper comic look of him.  Plus he has such a sweet, innocent look to him.  (OK, maybe I over-think my cards!)

After I made that decision, I realized that I do that a lot with TAWS stamps.  There's a new cat set that I used here in the same way.  And I used the new dog set here.  That's one of the many reasons that I love The Alley Way Stamps.  They can be fancied up - but they are cute and charming enough to stand alone!!

He is on the inside looking through the window.  The sentiment that is next to him comes from the same set and says "I'm Nuts and Bolts About You"!

I had the window cut, the cute paper on and him peeping through but it was a little dull, so I paged through current challenges.  Crazy 4 Challenges has a ribbon and challenge.  It hadn't occurred to me to add bows to this masculine card - but after I played around with a double bow (tutorial here) and added a bright red button - I LIKE it!!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Lighter Than Air
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Fine Linen, Pure Poppy, Pink Paislee Secret Crush Heartbeat
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: EK Success Sticko gem, Papertrey Ink Fine Linen ribbon and Pure Poppy button, Spellbinders narrow rectangle die

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, just doing catch up after having been AWOL for so long! What a fabulous robot and I love the heart DP. Big congrats on becoming a student again- hope you're not going to start keeping pizza under your bed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little robot is so sweet and holding that shiny red heart, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robot & cute don't usually go together but this little guy is an exception! Love the ribbon work ... and the colours are perfect with this cutie. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card! Love the bright red heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you left the robot uncoloured Kim and he looks wonderful holding the shiny heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim he is darling, this is such a fun card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaww, so super cute!
    Love the black ad white robot with the shining heart in his hand! Awesome!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  8. This guy is so adorable! I love that you didn't color him and that little heart in his hand is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeek! He is super cute! I love the effect of leaving him uncolored, especially since it draws your eye to the red heart in his hand. And that bow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!